October / November 1998
The Colorado Wild
Lands and Rivers Raffle is Underway
by David Mastronarde, Chapter Fundraising Chair
The Rocky Mountain Chapter is holding its annual raffle to benefit
Sierra Club's work to protect Colorado's wilderness, public lands, rivers, and wildlife.
The drawing is November 14, so there's still plenty of time to sell tickets. But we do
need help selling tickets. Join the "Raffle Task Force" by setting a goal of
selling $100 worth of tickets.
- 8-day Wilderness Discovery Course for 10-12 year-olds, EDUCO, $695
- 5-day Dolores River trip, Dvorak's Kayaking and Rafting Expeditions,
- 2-day Chama River trip for 2, Far Flung Adventures, $450 value
- Will and Testament package, Bill Myers, attorney, $400 value
- 6 nights at bike huts, Telluride to Moab, San Juan Hut Systems, $395
- Framed Audubon lithograph of a marmot, Stage House II, $350 value
- 3-day Colorado River canoe trip, Centennial Canoe Outfitters, $225
- Switchback parka, REI, $220 value
- 12 environmental T-shirts (3 each to 4 winners), Jim Morris T-shirts,
- Eyewear from Europtics, $150 gift certificate
- Thermo Pod sleeping bag, REI, $145 value
- 14 kt gold pine cone pendant, Kristina/Gold Jewelry Design, $120
- Eye care services or eyewear, Karen Wharton, O.D., $100 gift
- One night stay at Cottonwood Inn, Alamoso, CO, $100 value
- One-day seminar for two, Rocky Mountain Seminars, $90 value
- One night at cabin for two, Summit Huts Association, $52 value
- Therapeutic massage, Marjorie Allen Therapeutic Massage, $50 value
- 2 lb box of chocolates, Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory, $28 value
- Gift certificate from Tattered Cover Books, $25 value
Many thanks to all of these prize contributors!
Order your tickets
Purchase them for yourself or sell them to your friends.
Tickets are $3 each or four for $10.
City, State, Zip____________________________
Send me ____ books of tickets (8/book)
___ I'll set a goal of selling $100 worth (5 books)
Sierra Club, 1410 Grant St., Suite B205, Denver, CO, 80203