Water Quality / Wetlands
The Water Quality/Wetlands consists of 6 active members, with Kirk Cunningham as Chair. The
principle activities of this team include:
- Work projects at Sawhill Ponds Open Space near Boulder and the Wheat Ridge
Greenbelt Open Space. We are removing exotic plants that reduce the value of riparian
and wetland habitats. We spend 4-5 half-days per year on these efforts.
- Several Team meetings throughout the year, roughly one each quarter to discuss water
quality issues broadly and do planning for work projects.
- Tours of water quality-related facilities or locations, as possible.
We need the following types of volunteers, especially, but not exclusively:
- People who enjoy removing weeds by hand
- People with a general interest in protecting water quality and wetlands and who might be
willing to communicate with decision-makers on these issues.
- People with free time and some technical expertise who would be willing to attend water
quality-regulating agency meetings and comment for the Sierra Club at them.
Chief contact: Kirk Cunningham, KMCunnin@juno.com, 303-939-8519.
Outings & Events Calendar